Viva CalleSJ’s Family Friendly Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show Celebrates National Bike Month !
Sunday May 19, 2019 10am – 4pm at Viva CalleSJ’s Emma Prusch Farm Park hub, 647 South King Road, San José and at Story & King Roads
* Bicycle Show * Family Fun Zone & Playground * Farm Animals! * Demo’s * Amazing Vendors * Silicon Valley’s Bicycling History Exhibit * Local Artists, Artisans and Craft * Picnic Areas * Veggielution * Music * San Jose Bike Party Groovin & Kids’ Group Rides * Free Children’s Helmets courtesy of the City of San Jose’s Street Smarts Program *
Admission to the public is free!
Come show off your bicycle or come and show it off to win prizes! The Bicycle Show’s entry fee is $10 per show bike. See our Bicycle Show! page for registration information.
Our Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show is now part of a much larger event. We’ve moved it from History Park to the City of San José’s open streets event, Viva CalleSJ
2019 is Viva CalleSJ’s fifth year. It draws over 100,000 people to explore six miles of city streets that are closed to motorized vehicles. Its route offers family friendly activities, live music and performance, learning opportunities, art, artisans, happenings, local artisinal eateries, food trucks and a bicycle festival & bike show (!).
The route takes participants through some of San José’s most eclectic and historic neighborhoods. This open street event brings people and communities together to walk, bike, skate, play, and explore.
Our Festival will be at Viva CalleSJ’s Emma Prusch Farm Park hub with elements near the Park’s entrance on Story Road near King Road.
Come and join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and a spectacular bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Please join our Facebook Events page and share it with your Friends
2018 Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival Highlights hint at what’s ahead on May 19, 2019:
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders! and talks about BMX for beginners by Casey McDonald.
- Bring a picnic or enjoy food truck fare
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups.
- Music by the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Family Activities: A Kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, face painting and a for-kids-only helmet give-away hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Street Smarts education program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program & Bike Tours.
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Art and Craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Test drive bicycles!
- Have a portrait made by Ka’laka Arts
- Meet the Amgen Tour of California! generously hosted by San Jose Sports Authority.
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Yuba Bikes,
- Visit and play on the Valley Transportatin Authority’s (VTA) newest demonstration bus
- After the Fest? Stay tuned for After Party information!