Join us for the 4th Annual Silicon Valley Bikes Festival & Bicycle Show
Sunday May 6, 2018 11am to 4pm
at Kelley Park’s History Park, 635 Phelan Avenue, San José
A Collaboration between History San José, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine, Pops Fabrication and Santa Clara Valley Brewing with Gold Medal Level support from the City of San José and Santa Clara Valley Brewing; Olympian Level support from Bay Area Bicycle Law, Mineta Transportation Institute, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, and special support from Cowgirl Bike Courier, Specialized Bicycle Components, Stampede Bikes and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
Admission to the public is $5, kids five and under are free and $5 per show bike
Come join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and an off-the-hook bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Please join our Facebook Events page and share it with your Friends:
Many thanks to the thousands who joined us on May 7, 2017. Our fourth Festival this May 6th promises to be even better due to our amazing bicycling communities’ and exhibiting sponsors’ participation and support!
Our 2017 Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival’s Highlights
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups. Enjoy bike polo demonstrations.
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders! hosted by the City of San José’s Active Sports Program (BMX and Skate Park) at Lake Cunningham.
- Music by Sonido Clash, the San Josè Jazz Boom Box and the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Family Activities: A Kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, a safe track for tykes to ride demonstration balance bikes & tricycles, face painting and a for-kids-only helmet give-away hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, Stampede Bikes, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Street Smarts education program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program & Bike Tours. Stampede Bikes will set up a secured area for tykes to safely play and sample balance bikes and trikes.
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Test drive a Specialized bicycle!
- Test drive and co-create the future by experiencing the Sony Future Lab Program’s latest and bicycling oriented innovation
- Visit Bay Area Bicycle Law at our Expo & learn your rights as a cyclist and how to protect yourself and your loved ones!
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Yuba Bikes, DIYBIKING.Com, Rene Netter and the Bay Area Cargo Bike Collective.
- Art and craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Free bicycle valet bicycle parking courtesy of Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Public Advocacy Meeting with Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Dutch Cycling Embassy, Caltrans, Mineta Transportation Institute, the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committees (BPACs) of Santa Clara County’s cities & the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), generously organized by Greg Unangst, a member of both the VTA and Mountain View BPACs.
- Learn about Silicon Valley’s rich bicycling history!