Visit us along the Viva CalleSJ!
Viva CalleSJ’s Family Friendly Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show Celebrates National Bike Month !
Sunday May 19, 2019 10am – 4pm at Viva CalleSJ’s Emma Prusch Farm Park hub, 647 South King Road, San José and at Story & King Roads
* Bicycle Show * Family Fun Zone & Playground * Farm Animals! * Demo’s * Amazing Vendors * History San Jose’s Silicon Valley Bicycling History Exhibit * BMX Stunt Riding Shows * Local Artists, Artisans and Craft * Picnic Areas * Veggielution * Music * San Jose Bike Party Groovin & Kids’ Group Rides * 500 Children’s Helmets will be given away courtesy of the City of San Jose’s Street Smarts Program * Veggielution’s Family Day Activities & Farm Tours *
Admission to the public is free!
Our Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show is now part of a much larger event. We’ve moved it from History Park to the City of San José’s open streets event, Viva CalleSJ
2019 is Viva CalleSJ’s fifth year. It draws over 100,000 people to explore six miles of city streets that are closed to motorized vehicles. Its route offers family friendly activities, live music and performance, learning opportunities, art, artisans, happenings, local artisinal eateries, food trucks and a bicycle festival & bike show (!).
The route takes participants through some of San José’s most eclectic and historic neighborhoods. This open street event brings people and communities together to walk, bike, skate, play, and explore.
Our Festival will be at Viva CalleSJ’s Emma Prusch Farm Park hub with elements near the Park’s entrance on Story Road near King Road.
Come and join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and a spectacular bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Please click HERE and join our Facebook Events page & Please share it with your Friends
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders! and talks about BMX for beginners by Casey McDonald.
- Family Activities: A Kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, face painting hosted by Our City Forest, 500 kids helmets will be give-away by the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Street Smarts education program. Visit a Farm! Emma Prusch Farm Park has farm animals and a huge playground! Veggielution will offer amazing activities and farm tours.
- Bring a picnic or enjoy nearby eateries
- Need a quick bike repair or bicycle advice? Community Cycles of California will offer free services.
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups.
- Music by the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Art and Craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Test drive bicycles!
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Yuba Bikes,