Visit us along Sunday May 17, 2020’s Viva CalleSJ!
[Map of the May 17th 2020 route will be placed here early 2020]
Viva CalleSJ’s family-friendly Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show celebrates National Bike Month !
Sunday May 17, 2020 10am – 3pm along the Viva CalleSJ.
Viva CalleSJ’s May 17, 2020 route will be announced early 2020
Admission to the public is free!
This open street event is held in September and in May. It draws over 100,000 visitors and brings people and communities together to walk, bike, skate, explore, and play.
Viva CalleSJ is six miles of continuous streets closed to motorized vehicles and open for family-friendly exploration, fun, and adventure in San José’s most culturally-rich neighborhoods. The route is filled with parks, live music, dance, art, artisans, food trucks, local artisanal eateries, family-friendly activities, learning opportunities, AND the Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show.
Our May 2019 Festival featured the following and hints at what our 2020 Fest will bring to Viva CalleSJ
* Spectacular Bicycle Show * Family Fun Zone & Playground * San José Earthquakes* Amazing Vendors * History San José’s Silicon Valley Bicycling History Exhibit * BMX Stunt Riding Shows * Local & Amazing Artists, Artisans and Craft * Picnic Areas * Veggielution * San José Bike Party Groovin & Kids’ Group Rides * 500 Children’s Helmets will be given away courtesy of the City of San José’s Street Smarts Program * Mike’s Bikes – Specialized * Yuba Bikes * Bell *
Come show off your bicycle or come and show it off to win prizes! The Bicycle Show’s entry fee is $10 per show bike. See our Bicycle Show! page for registration information or click HERE.
Come and join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and a spectacular bicycle show organized and hosted by Pops Fabrication’s Matt Rodriquez and Gooseneck Magazine’s Joe Rodriquez.
[ Facebook Events page here early 2020 ;-]
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders!
- Family Activities: A Kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, 500 kids helmets will be give-away by the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Street Smarts education program.
- Bring a picnic or enjoy nearby eateries and food trucks
- Need a quick bike repair or bicycle advice? Community Cycles of California will offer free services.
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups.
- Music by the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Art and Craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Test drive bicycles! Hosted by Mike’s Bikes, Yuba Bikes, Ride Scoozy and Frances Cycles
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Yuba Bikes,