Join us for the 3rd Annual Silicon Valley Bikes Festival & Bicycle Show
Sunday May 7, 2017 11am to 5pm
at Kelley Park’s History Park, 635 Phelan Avenue, San José
A Collaboration between History San José, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine, Pops Fabrication, Petite Galleria and Santa Clara Valley Brewing with special support from Bay Area Bicycle Law, Specialized Bicycle Components, Stampede Bikes and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
Admission to the public is $5, kids five and under are free and $5 per show bike
Come join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and an off-the-hook bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Please join our Facebook Events page and share it with your Friends:
Many thanks to the thousands who joined us on May 15, 2016. Our Third Festival this May 7th promises to be even better due to our amazing bicycling communities’ and exhibiting sponsors’ participation and support!
2017 Silicon Valley Bikes Festival Highlights
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups; enjoy roller racing and bike polo demonstrations.
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders! hosted by the City of San José’s Active Sports Program.
- Music by Sonido Clash, the San José Bike Party sound bikes and the San Josè Jazz Boom Box
- Learn about Silicon Valley’s rich bicycling history!
- Family Activities: A kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, a safe track for tikes to ride demonstration balance bikes, face painting and helmet give-aways hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, Stampede Bikes, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Safe Streets Program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program & Bike Tours. Stampede Bikes will set up a secured area for tykes to safely play and sample balance bikes and trikes.
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Rene Netter and the Bay Area Cargo Bike Collective.
- Art and craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Free bicycle valet bicycle parking courtesy of Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Public Advocacy Meeting with Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Dutch Cycling Embassy, the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committees (BPACs) of Santa Clara County’s cities & the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), generously organized by Greg Unangst, a member of both the VTA and Mountain View BPACs.