Join us for the 4th Annual Silicon Valley Bikes Festival & Bicycle Show
to Kick off National Bike Month!
Sunday May 6, 2018 11am to 4pm
at Kelley Park’s History Park, 635 Phelan Avenue, San José
A Collaboration between History San José, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine, Pops Fabrication and Santa Clara Valley Brewing with Gold Medal Level support from the City of San José and Santa Clara Valley Brewing; Olympian Level support from the Mineta Transportation Institute, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority – Solutions that Move You, with special support from Cowgirl Bike Courier
Admission to the public is $5, kids five and under are free and $5 per show bike
Come join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and an off-the-hook bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Please join our Facebook Events page and share it with your Friends:
Many thanks to the thousands who joined us on May 7, 2017. Our fourth Festival this May 6th promises to be even better due to our amazing bicycling communities’ and exhibiting sponsors’ participation and support. Please look at our 2017 highlights, they provide the flavor of our upcoming 2018 Fest. We will be updating this page in 2018.
Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival Highlights
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Thrill to shows by BMX Freestyle Team stunt riders! and a talk about BMX for beginners by Casey McDonald.
- Bring a picnic or enjoy food truck fare
- Enjoy Santa Clara Valley Brewing’s hand crafted beers
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups. Enjoy bike polo demonstrations.
- Music by the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Family Activities: A Kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, a safe track for tykes to ride demonstration balance bikes & tricycles, face painting and a for-kids-only helmet give-away hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Street Smarts education program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program & Bike Tours.
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Art and Craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Test drive bicycles! Yuba Bikes, Ride Scoozy, and Mike’s Bikes will be exhibiting
- Have a portrait made by Ka’laka Arts
- Meet the Amgen Tour of California! generously hosted by San Jose Sports Authority and the City of Morgan Hill.
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Yuba Bikes,
- Free bicycle valet bicycle parking courtesy of Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Public Advocacy Meeting Network with our Valley’s bicycling leading advocates and hear a presentation by Rod Diridon Sr. The New York Times calls Mr. Diridon “a tireless advocate of public transport for the Bay Area. He will lead a panel discussion with Shiloh Ballard, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition; Janneke Strause, Bike Santa Santa Cruz County, and Virginia Murillo, TAMC-Transportation Agency Monterey County.
- Visit and play on the Valley Transportatin Authority’s (VTA) newest demonstration bus
- After the Fest? Cain’s Ride!