The Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show Celebrates National Bike Month!
Stay posted for information about our May 2019 Fest!
Here’s what we did this past May that hints of what’s ahead!
*Food Trucks * Craft Beer * Kids’ Space * Bicycle Show * Free Valet Bike Parking * Expo * BMX Stunt Riding * Demo’s * Amazing Vendors * Edifying Talks *
* Rod Diridon, Sr.! *History Exhibits * Local Artists, Artisans & Craft *
Sunday May 6, 2018 11am to 4pm
at Kelley Park’s History Park, 635 Phelan Avenue, San José
A Collaboration between History San José, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine, Pops Fabrication and Santa Clara Valley Brewing with Gold Medal Level support from the City of San José and Santa Clara Valley Brewing; Olympian Level support from the Mineta Transportation Institute, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, and VTA,
the Valley Transportation Authority – Solutions that Move You;
with special support from
Rod Diridon, Sr., the Almaden Cycling Touring Club,
the Children’s Discovery Museum of San José, Cowgirl Bike Courier,
Explore! The Adventure Travel Experts, the San José Giants ,
San Jose Bike Party , and Yuba Cargo Bikes
Admission to the public is $5, kids five and under are free and $5 per bike show entrant
Come join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and an off-the-hook bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Please join our Facebook Events page and share it with your Friends:
Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival Highlights:
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Thrill to shows by BMX Freestyle Team stunt riders! and a talk about BMX for beginners by Casey McDonald.
- Bring a picnic or enjoy food truck fare
- Enjoy Santa Clara Valley Brewing’s hand crafted beers
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups. Enjoy bike polo demonstrations.
- Music by the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Family Activities: A Kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, a safe track for tykes to ride demonstration balance bikes & tricycles, face painting and a for-kids-only helmet give-away hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Street Smarts education program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program & Bike Tours.
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Art and Craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons.
- Test drive bicycles! Yuba Bikes, Ride Scoozy, and Mike’s Bikes will be exhibiting
- Have a portrait made by Ka’laka Arts
- Meet the Amgen Tour of California! generously hosted by San Jose Sports Authority and the City of Morgan Hill.
- Visit a Cargo Bike and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Yuba Bikes,
- Free bicycle valet bicycle parking courtesy of Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycling Advocacy Meeting: Meet Rod Diridon, Sr., and network with our Valley’s leading bicycling advocates. Let your voice be heard! The New York Times calls Mr. Diridon “a tireless advocate of public transport for the Bay Area. He will lead a panel discussion with Shiloh Ballard, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition; Janneke Strause, Bike Santa Santa Cruz County, and Virginia Murillo, TAMC-Transportation Agency Monterey County.
- Visit and play on the Valley Transportatin Authority’s (VTA) newest demonstration bus
- After the Fest? Cain’s Ride!